Saturday, October 2, 2010

Craft Rooms


So I am coming down from my wedding project high.  And so I am in search of finding a project to keep my friends, family and co-workers from killing me. My new husband thought I should start the house search.  I am sick of my commute and I think he’s ready for a change.  One of the wonderful benefits would be having enough space that I could set up a crafts area, an area that wouldn’t require me to sit on the floor or use our dining room table.  There are so many days that I spend more time setting up and cleaning up a project than doing anything productive on the project.   

So of course rather than looking at Realtor.com or one of the other sites I immediately started google-ing all the wonderful ideas everyone has had for their craft rooms.  And as always Martha has one of the best.  (I am sure I will end up sharing lots on my love-hate relationship with Martha.)



I absolutely love how she has tons of work surfaces and there is storage for every type of  and craft items.  I love the color green, I even had a roommate in college who forbid me from buying any more green shirts.  But I think the green would be distracting when building a pallet for a project.  

I really like this one that was posted on HGTV.  It has a great black and white pallet and cabinetry and tables that I think I would be able to do one day.  The table is great, it’s a Pottery Barn find, in case anyone else needs to put it on their Christmas list.  



But until we move I will keep making do with the dinning room table, my Rubbermaid drawer systems and home made ribbon storage (which was super cheap!).

No comments:

Post a Comment